Congratulations to this beautiful couple – can’t wait for the wedding in 3 weeks!
To begin, I’ll take a small step up onto my soapbox and tell a short story. I’d like to think that these two found each other due to me…and here’s my deep and profound reasoning behind this fact:
1. I asked Brandon to go to see the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie with me many moons ago – hence our first date.
2. We liked each other and got married
3. Due to aforementioned marriedness, Brandon needed a job – and as we lived in Washington at the time, he chose CEFCU.
4. Heather also worked at CEFCU
5. Josh just so happens to be Brandon’s brother.
6. One night when several employees were going out for dinner, Brandon serendipitously invited Josh along as well – hence, Josh and Heather’s first date.
So, clearly I’ll be expecting a lengthy thank you speech at the wedding…
All joking aside though, we truly had an adventurous engagement session. We met in a lovely field full of rolling hills and ancient trees and tall grass and…swamp. This place was absolutely soaked. Now I don’t mind submerging my feet in 8 inches of muck and mire for a good shot, but I try not to subject my subjects to too much pain and trial during their sessions. It’s entirely possible that it’s because I’m family and they felt obligated, but these two were complete troopers – enduring scratched legs, grasshoppers in ears, giant man-eating spiders, and water water everywhere.
I’d say it was worth it though.
These two just make me all sorts of happy – I will say that I cannot wait to be around them on their wedding day…if they were this adorable just being engaged then I’m sure their wedding day will be truly phenomenal.
Thank you for sitting in mud and goose “presents” and giant hostas – I appreciate it !